Information about Medicaid
The following information is supplied for information purposes only, as a service to our clients. If you have questions about Medicaid or your specific claim, please call your Medicaid office.
It is important that you begin to think about protecting your health and the health of your baby. If you do not have medical coverage to see a doctor, you may apply for Medicaid to cover your pregnancy. It is important that you see a doctor as soon as possible to insure that your pregnancy is going well. If you wait too long, you may find it difficult or even impossible to find an obstetrician that will agree to be your doctor.
*If you are having any problems before Medicaid comes through, please go to the emergency room.
Medicaid will pay for the visit as soon as your application is approved.
Where Can I Apply?
- Burleson Next Step Women's Center - Mondays only. Appointment required.
- At the hospital where you plan to deliver
- Online: www.hhsc.state.tx.us/help
- At a local Medicaid office:
Zip: 76028, 002, 031, 050, 058, 059, 061, 009 084, 093
817-558-9990 204 Kimberly—Cleburne
Zip: 76028, 036, 060, 063, 119, 123, 134, 140
817-321-8000 1501 Circle Dr—Fort Worth Zip: 76001, 002, 010, 013, 014, 015, 016, 017, 018
817-460-6491 1540 New York Avenue—Arlington
Documents To Bring
- Proof of identity (current Driver’s License or State-Issued ID card)
- Immigration status (if not US citizen)
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate or US Passport
- Proof of Income (last 3 check stubs, statement from employer, or last year’s tax return)
- Copies of unpaid medical bills from past 3 months